Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Son, Wife & Myself just before the start

Mf Wife & a Friend

On the swim

1.2 mile swim 47:48 min

Returning from 56 mile bike 3:28:13

Starting a 13.1 mile run
Last 200 yards

In the shoot

Ironman 70.3 Finisher 8:41:38


My son showing off his shirt we made to wear for my Wife



It's hard to express just how proud we are of her, my wife is my biggest inspiration. She can do what ever she sets her mind too. To swim, bike & run 70.3 miles in 8hr 41 min the last 6 miles of the run walking with her feet full of blisters in pain but never giving up her dream of finishing. She is a special person & I hope this can inspire you as it has us. Check out Ironman New Orleans 70.3 web site go to Athlete Tracker her bib # 3108.

















7 comments:

  1. Oh man. I did not get a blister, but when I ran the 50 miler that I did, my foot was getting pretty darn hot right there where her blister is. I bet that hurt but the coolest part is that despite that blister you pushed on. You made it to the finish, and even more awesome is that you made it to the starting line. For that is the greatest victory. There is no finish when there is not start. Great job and thanks for sharing this. I love it.!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! What an inspiration :)

    Give her my congratulations please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run4change Thanks for stoping by Ive been reading your blog for a while now & respect what you have done & do for people who vist you sight. I still read your post "I can see your eyes" at lease once a week it just hits home with me. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tricia, I think she's awesome too! I will give her your congrats. Thanks for stoping by Its people like yall that keep us motivated you all are inspirations to me. Keep up the fight

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I am impressed! That is a huge triathlon. I dont know how long you have been reading, but that is one of my long term goals...to do a whole triathlon! Thanks for reading and commenting! Now I have somewhere wlse to read and look to for more inspiration! I love that it looks like you do active things as a whole family! That is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim Im glad you stoped by, I am very proud of my wife, as you I to have a goal of doing a whle Tri I plan on doing one before the end of the year. so far I have done a duathlon and will be doing a biathlon this weekend in Mississippi Its a 5k run & 10 mile bike. Keep going for your goals you will acheave them some take time. But when you do acheave them all the work, pain & joy is worth it. Thanks for you comments & by all means keep going for it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow tell your wife congrats! Those are some serious blisters! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete