Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goals

All people set goal for themselves big & small. I do this all the time, some of my goals I complete but the ones I don't definitely out weigh the completed ones. I have learned though much disappointment to set goals I can complete & then set more The next step in the process. Like my weight I try not to put a time limit on it I set it 10lb. at a time if it takes 1 week or 2 months it just does "as we say at work it is what it is." When I make my 10 I celebrate & then go for 10 more. I thought about goals last night after a humbling experience. I set my goal for the week to walk 20 miles, bike 16 & burn 4000 cal. The 20 miles walking is no problem 4000 cal. I will do in 2 days Ive burnt 1552 cal. but the bike oh my god the bike. When I was younger I could ride all day no problem but now after 1 mile I thought the seat was going to go through well you know, I got off the bike with a higher pitch voice. Note to self buy a new seat, I will make that goal this week & I will put it pass me.

I have set 3 goals for myself for the year that I do believe are not to large this is my fitness goals I have life goals but thats for me alone.

1. Enter & finish a 10k

2. Enter & finish a duatholon

3. Finish a 5k in under 40 min.

I will not set a weight goal for the year I will keep taking that at 10 lb at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Have you looked into a recumbent bike? I got a home one (stationery) because my tailbone kills me when I ride normal ones, and it's awesome.

    I like your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dina I talked to my brother after I saw your comment He has one, he told me I could come over & try.

    ReplyDelete