Friday, January 23, 2009

Who inspires you


Who inspires me,
For me first and foremost is my wife & son.
My wife has to be one off the toughest & most hard headed people I know. Both my wife & myself are obese, year before last she competed in a sprint triathlon weighing over 300lb. & finished, since then she has been hooked & probably competed in 15-20 more since then. She is now training for the New Orleans half Iron Man for those who are no familiar that is swimming 1 mile/bike for 56 miles/run 13.1 miles in under 8hr. I will be there with sign in hand with a shirt that says team tater the crew of heavy breathers cheering her on, The race is in April 09

Then my son who is now 14 when he was 12 he was obese he came home from school & told us he wanted to play for the school football team he had never played football before. He tried out & made the team he has played for 2 years now. In November of 07 he wanted to try Mixed Martial Arts or MMA so I let him. if you could only see the workouts these guys do its unreal. In January 08 a K1 fighter now UFC fighter came in & did a seminar. After the class he asked who wanted to spare with him my 13yr. old son gets in the ring & spares with him for 2 rounds now this is a 235 pound fighter. My son is still doing MMA & when I get below 250 I will start going to jiu jitsu with him. He is a tough kid with a big heart & still has a A/B average in school.

Who else inspires me?
My family I come from a very close family, my friends, the haters out there, the biggest loser all of them & all of you blogger's out there who are battling keep it up

1 comment:

  1. As a woman over 300 pounds, I find your wife to be very inspiring too!!

    ReplyDelete